Query: making a book box

No, I don't want to make a box to hold books.  I want to make a box out of
a book.  I've come across two in my travels, both made from old leather
bound titles with marbled fore edges.  A secret (perhaps) hiding place was
cut from the center of the text block. Cover and 1st signature or two were
left free, the remainder was glued tightly together and to the back cover.
Voila! a book box.  I was thinking this would be an interesting way to use
up tatty books with defects too annoying to live with.

Linda M. Wilson
Greenwich Academy, 200 N. Maple, Greenwich, CT 06830
lmwilson@xxxxxxxx
FAX 203.625.8991