Book Structures: A Workshop at Oregon College of Art & Craft in October!!

Work shop alert at Oregon College of Art & Craft in October!!
Contact: Oregon College of Art & Craft [503]297-9651

Two 16th Century Paper Bound Books

DANIEL FLANGAN, instructor

Saturday & Sunday October 17 &18, 9-4

With the spread of printing throughout Europe in the 16th century, there arose
the need for  durable quickly made bindings. Books covered with paper made
from hemp or flax began to appear in great numbers. These simple, handsome
bindings had a strong sewn structure and were covered with durable thick
paper. In this workshop, we will recreate an early form of this binding now
referred to as the laced paper case. We will also make a simple long stitch
binding that was used for blank book and printed books.

Pre requisite: intermediate level experience .

$138 +$42 materials fee

contact: Oregon College of Art & Craft [503]297-9651

ok folks! This is a good deal with a great teacher so sign up now while there
is still time!!  The calendar is truly justice!

best--
T.Ely

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen