Re: Etching Question

Dear All

I've recently started printing again after a very long hiatus and wonder if
any of you may be able to give me a word of advice.  I'm encountering a lot
of scumming on my plates.  It's suddenly become very hot over here and I
don't know if it could be a contributary factor.  I am working with T M
Lawrence tinned ink and am printing two plates in one image - the one is
zinc and the other is copper.  Both have been etched at various depths,
utilising aquatint as well as hard ground techniques.  I'm planning to do a
combination of chine colles on this image and am disturbed that I am not
getting a regular ink distribution across both plates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Robyn Sassen.