Re: The Philosophy of Bookbinding

> the philosophical aspect of bookbinding

Just my philosophy:

One time I demo'd how to make 1 piece of paper/fold books at an art
store.

I was trying also to teach that books are containers for ideas, that
making the permanent marks on a surface and gathering the marks together
in a particular way was magic.  One lady looked at me, with a gleam in her
eye, and said, "I know. I'm a librarian."

I think of the value of the books and journals through history, from
the time they cut the edges off the skins to make them neater when they
rolled them up.

A book is far more than paper or boards or cloth or leather...