The Philosophy of Bookbinding

 Yikes, Duncan. Weren't you around for that whole long thread about art
vs. craft a while back?  There should be lots of gist for your mill in
it, so I'd suggest a wee wander through the list archives.
  It does sound like an interesting course to teach.  I hope you sneak
in quite a lot of history of the book.  Of course, I'm an historian by
training so that is my approach to almost anything.
 Dorothy Africa