Re: Etching Question

>Copper always oxidizes and zinc does not,

Not being either a printmaker or a metalurgist I need an explanation.  I
have a proof printing plate for the cover of a 1960 Golden Book, made of
what I thought was zinc, and I would have described it as oxidized.  Is
there another term I should be using? or is it another metal?  It was a
proof for the cover design, intending to be changed in the final design, so
it wouldn't have had to print many copies.

John Renjilian