Re: New Keith Smith Book???

There is a last short chapter on edge decoration that covers watercolor
speckling, staining and bleeding with a few examples of alternated
signatures.  No, gilding is not cover.  Very well researched and written
books with very clear diagrams. A must have! 419 pages.

Regards,

Michael Morin

At 09:34 PM 9/29/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I just read that Keith Smith has a new book out (_Bookbinding for Book
>Artists_).  Can anyone please tell me if it covers things like gilding the
>edges of a book's pages (which I'd always understood was a big deal for pros,
>but this book apparently covers all sorts of hitherto just-for-pros stuff, so
>I wondered if it might possibly cover this).
>
>Thank you so much!
>
>Biffy

        M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
      Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                              ba202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors