[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Leather book
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 03:41:02 -0400
- Message-id: <199809300741.AAA19182@SUL-Server-2.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Later this week the printer will finish printing Lotta Rahme's book:
_Leather: Preparation and Tanning by Traditional Methods_
Five hundred copies will be printed 4-up on acid free paper (11" X 17",
folded 2X = 8p per gathering/15 gatherings.)
Fifty copies will be available uncut, in sheets at $24.95/copy for hand binders.
Rick Cavasin, traditional parchment maker, has reviewed the text and said:
"From a hands-on, this is how you tan a skin yourself (but still containing
excellent historical/technical information) point of view, I HIGHLY recommend:
LEATHER - Preparation and tanning by traditional methods, by Lotta Rahme.
Now translated into English, & published in America by The Caber Press.
This book is far and away the best book on home tanning I've ever read.
A fine companion to [Reed's] _Ancient Skins, Parchments, and Leathers_."
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217