[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Paste Papers -Reply
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Paste Papers -Reply
- From: Matthew Liddle <MLIDDLE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:30:02 -0500
- Message-id: <199809301624.JAA20342@SUL-Server-2.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Try adding a dollop of glycerin to your paste when mixing in the
pigment. It gives the paste a nice slippery texture for mark making
and also helps with the cracking. Also the type of paper used could
be a factor. Thick and/or heavily sized papers or coated papers that
don't fold easily anyway will definitely crack the paste surface.
Definitely don't use tempera, acryli paint or water based block
printing ink is best.