Re: Eggshells

Jean Dunand (I think that's how it's spelled was a French
artists/craftsman who collaborated with Schmied on an number of
laquer/eggshell panels which were incorpoarted into bindings. Syracuse has
one of them and it's exquisite. A similar one was sold at auction for A
LOT of $$$. Abrams published a book about him and his work which I have.

More recently, David Brock a binder now in the Bay area used the technique
on a binding he did for the 1992 Guild of Book Workers exhibit Fine
Printers Finely Bound Too.

Peter

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx