box to house book

I need some bookbinding advice. I'm planning to make a box to house a
sculptural artist's book. The box will need to be 12" wide x 15" high and
3" deep. Parts of the sculpture will be attached to the inside of the box,
so the book will not be removable. The box will have to be able to stand
with the book/sculpture in it. I don't want it to end up being too heavy,
so I was wondering whether it would be a bad idea to make it out of foam
core covered with cloth? Does anyone know how stable foam core is? Will the
foam disintegrate and the board collapse in time? Is there a better
material to use? Thanks for any advice.
Shireen
Shireen Holman, Printmaker and Book Artist
email: tholman@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.clark.net/pub/tholman/shireen/index.htm