Elmers vs PVA

Hi--

I have some quick questions.  What is the difference between PVA glue and
white, watered down (elmers-type) glue?  Is there a danger in using white glue
for bookbinding regarding longeveity (or any other reason)?  I have been using
it for a while now, simply because I have had it on hand, with great results.

BTW, many months ago I asked for some advise on bookbinding and I received a
landslide of fantastic information and resources.  I tried to thank each one
of you personally, but in case I miss you--THANKS!!

-Lee
Maahmaah@xxxxxxx