[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
symposium "Hot Type in a Cold World"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: symposium "Hot Type in a Cold World"
- From: Tracy Honn <HONN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:38:00 CST
- Message-id: <199810131838.LAA16216@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Silver Buckle Press, University of Wisconsin-Madison, is sponsoring the
symposium "Hot Type in a Cold World." It will begin Thursday, November 19th
with an opening reception in the Department of Special Collections, Memorial
Library, for the Silver Buckle Press retrospective - Twenty-five Years of
Exquisite Printing. Friday, November 20th will be a day-long series of talks
and roundtable discussions on the impact of digital and electronic
media on letterpress printing and the book arts. Speakers include Martha
Carothers, Alastair Johnston and Peter Verheyan. Please watch our website for
updates to the program. This symposium is free and open to the public.
For more information, please write or call.
Silver Buckle Press
236 Memorial Library
728 State Street
Madison, WI 53706