[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: what is it called?

the material looks and feels like thin crepe-paper.

Is this the material the Japanese dolls' clothing is made from also?  If
so, it may be called Chiyogami.  I was in Bellevue, Wa last year while they
were having a Japanese festival and saw a man who had learned to make this
paper/cloth from a master craftsman in Japan.  He is featured in a new book
about paper sculpture.  The dolls he creates are wonderful and look like
they stepped right out of one of the famous woodblock prints.

Mary Hackney aka Synchronicity

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]