[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: what is it called?

If the paper is indeed crinkled like crepe paper it is most likely Momigami.
If it is just very this and a little stiff like crepe it could be Usumino.


Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery
P.O. Box 405
Ballantine, SC   29002

-----Original Message-----
From: aurand, gudrun <aurandg@xxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 5:58 PM
Subject: what is it called?

>the archives at wsu own two small volumes of a japanese fairy tale series.
>15cm long x 10cm wide. col. ill. engl. translation published by t.
>hasegawa, tokyo. no date i can read.
>the material looks and feels like thin crepe-paper. held against light it
>reveals a loose weave as with crepe (crinkled cloth of silk or cotton).
>what is this combination material called. how is it made?
>i will appreciate responses
>Gudrun Aurand
>Washington State University
>Pullman, WA 99164-5610

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]