Re: Vellum-ish question

Marc - I'm halfway through writing a pamphlet on vellum preparation. It
sounds like an interesting problem and if you want to contact me off-list
I'll try to help.

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Marc Carlson wrote:

> Please excuse me for asking such a series of strange questions right out of
> the chute, but you all were suggested as a good place to ask.  I am working
> on binding a book, the pages of which at this point consist of blank sheets
> from "goatskin rawhide" (from Tandy).  My impression is that it's not the
> *ideal* material for this, but it's what
> the Client wants to use.
>
> The material is a bit thicker than the *little* vellum I've had any
> experience with,
> and I'm not certain how to prepare either side for writing on.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions where I might look for more detailed
> information (or
> wishes to share what they have) I would be very grateful.  I've checked the
> FAQ, and have seen nothing that resembles this question there.
>
> Thank you for your time...
> I. Marc Carlson
> McFarlin Library, University of Tulsa -or- Tulsa Community College West
> Campus LRC
> marc-carlson@xxxxxxxxxx/lib_imc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/lib_imc@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.geocities.com/athens/parthenon/5923

Paul Werner, New York City

For Courses, Lectures and Dragonsblood - and WOID:
Pour cours, conferences et sangdragon:

http://pages.nyu.edu/~ptw1