[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Olde Mill House Printing Museum in Homosassa, Florida
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Olde Mill House Printing Museum in Homosassa, Florida
- From: alison hardage <sarasotaslim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:48:47 -0000
- Message-id: <199811110349.TAA19766@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This Saturday, November 14th
Come enjoy Blues and Bar-B-Que
Olde Mill House Gallery and Printing Museum
across from the Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins
on County Road 490, west of U.S. 19 / 98
in Homosassa, Florida; telephone # 352 / 628-1081
It all starts at 1:00 p.m.
$12.00 covers your bar-b-que dinner and entertainment from
Sarasota Slim, the Cool Corporate Cats, and benefits this fine printing
Jim Anderson, printer, proprietor of the museum, and bass player for the
Cool Corporate Cats, is in charge of the event, and can be reached at the
number above or 888 / 248-6672.
Sarasota Slim and his band play both kinds of music, rhythm AND blues.
Sarasota Slim, a.k.a. Gene Hardage, had two cassettes out with
letterpress printed "J-Cards" before having four CDs produced and
released by the Appaloosa label of Milan, Italy. He still uses
letterpress printed business cards, stickers, and posters though.
Homosassa is an old fishing community on the Gulf Coast, still unspoiled
by development typical of Florida. Jim's museum is in a beautiful
setting, under a canopy of old live oak trees. The weather promises to
be fine. And it's all for a great cause.
Hope to see you there !