Photo Album Workshop - NY Chapter of Guild of Book Workers

The New York Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers announces a Photo
Album Workshop:

1/4 Cloth Photo Album
by Carolyn Chadwick
Saturday, November 21
&
Sunday, November 22
10am to 4pm
Barbara Lubin Goldsmith Conservation Lab
NYU Bobst Library, Mezzanine
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012

Students in this weekend workshop will each make a traditionally bound
photo album. We will begin with sheets of paper and will discuss
various options for stubbing out the book for photos.  The book block,
sewn on tapes, will be rounded and backed with a hollow.  The case
will be 1/4 cloth with decorated paper and (time permitting) an inset
for a photo.  We also will discuss methods of mounting photos.

Tool List: Bone folder
Scissors
Steel ruler
Round paste brush
Backing hammer (optional)
Scalpel/exacto with new blades
Triangle

Carolyn Chadwick trained at the European Bookbinding Company and has
been binding books professionally since 1977.  In her business she
does edition work as well as albums, presentation bindings and boxes.
Carolyn teaches at the Center for Book Arts and the Craft Students
League.

Fee: $100.00 plus $25.00 material fee for members.
Fee: $120.00 plus $25.00 material fee for non-members.
Participation is limited to six people.

Please call Ursula Mitra: 212 998-2562 or
e-mail: mitrau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to register.

Registration deadline is November 13, and the material fee is
non-refundable unless the cancellation can be filled by someone else.

Ursula Mitra, Conservator
Preservation Department, Mezz
NYU Bobst Library
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012-1091
Tel: (212)998-2562    Fax: (212) 995-4583
e-mail: mitrau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx