Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 11 Nov 1998 to 12 Nov 1998

In Shereen LaPlantz's "From Cover to Cover" [I think, this is the
orginal title - I only have the German translation on my table, she
gives a recipe (with permisison of the editors of the catalogue of
Gaylord Brothers) using micro-wave:
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) wheat starch
5 Tablespoons (75 ml) destilled water.

1.) Put the wheat starch into a microwave dish, put the water in
this bowl.
2.) Put it into the microvave, heat at highest power for 25 to 30
seconds,
3.) Take the dish from the microwave, stir thorougly.

Repeat steps 2) and 3) for about 3 minutees.

Let the paste cool down and filter it.

Shereen LaPlantz says, this alsways gets too thick, so she adds
some water before filtering.