[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: city names
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: city names
- From: Sheila Orth <sheilao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:39:48 -0600
- Message-id: <199811131447.GAA22776@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There is Arkansas City (Are-KANSAS City), Kansas not Ar-Can-Saw
Beatrice, Nebraska (Bee AT riss) Short "A"
Papillion, Nebraska (Pa PILL ion)
Nehawka, NE....take your pick....some say NEE hawk a, or Na hawk a, or
Na hawk EE......
then there is Norfolk, Nebraska......when it was founded it was North
Fork.....but the railroad company got the spelling all wrong
with say Nor Fork..... or North Fork.....for Norfolk, Nebraska.....
Schuyler, Nebraska is pronounced Sky ler
Chadron, NE is Shad run