Re: city names

Here's another one: Los Gatos, CA...natives pronounce it with the "a"'s =
sounding the "a" in cat and the "tos" sounding like "tis".

---Jane Conneen  wrote:

> We have another small town in Pennsylvania, New Tripoli, pronounced
New Tri PO
> lee
>
> Jane Conneen

Versailles (Ver-SALES) is a common city name in the  Midwest.  I know
there is a Versailles in both Indiana and Kentucky, and there is a
North Versailles in Pennsylvania.  Ohio may have a Versailles, as well.

Clay Redding
Pittsburgh, PA

=3D=3D