Re: a question about type

One of my greatest thrills as a 7-year old cub scout was spelling out the
pledge of alliegence on a plaque made of glued together popsicle sticks using
alphabet macaroni. In 1964 I became a member of Typographer's Union #6 in New
York.
I have been working with type all my life. I set type these days on a Mac for
a living and at night by hand in a composing stick for pleasure.

Within the letterpress community there are many that regard people that work
with computer type as barbarians. There are hand-type enthusiasts that look at
type set by composing machines (linotype etc.) as barbarism.

Do what makes YOU happy (:-;