Re: a question about type

At 09:42 AM 11/14/98 EST, you wrote:
>I am a poet/writer and self-taught bookmaker. Do any of you have thoughts
>about computer type being acceptable or not in handmade books?

I'd want to look into the durability of the print first.  Will something out
of a computer printer last or will it flake off, fade, etc. after a few
years?  Or will the ink chemically react with the paper to cause paper
deterioration?

I don't know the answers but it's something i'd investigate.

Mark W. Arend
Beaver Dam Community Library
311 N. Spring St.                      Outside of a dog, a book is
Beaver Dam, Wisc. 53916                    man's best friend.  Inside of
(920) 887-4631  (fax 887-4633)             a dog it's too dark to read.
                                                             --Groucho Marx
www.centuryinter.net/bdlib/
Scoutmaster, Troop 736

mailto:arend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx