[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: a question about type
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: a question about type
- From: Mark Arend <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:55:13 -0600
- Message-id: <199811152255.OAA20520@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 09:42 AM 11/14/98 EST, you wrote:
>I am a poet/writer and self-taught bookmaker. Do any of you have thoughts
>about computer type being acceptable or not in handmade books?
I'd want to look into the durability of the print first. Will something out
of a computer printer last or will it flake off, fade, etc. after a few
years? Or will the ink chemically react with the paper to cause paper
I don't know the answers but it's something i'd investigate.
Mark W. Arend
Beaver Dam Community Library
311 N. Spring St. Outside of a dog, a book is
Beaver Dam, Wisc. 53916 man's best friend. Inside of
(920) 887-4631 (fax 887-4633) a dog it's too dark to read.
Scoutmaster, Troop 736