Wheat starch

Sorry for any confusion.  Portland, Oregon has a large Asian community so
for a long time I would purchase wheat starch paste in any number of
Chinese markets, and for the past few years, Safeway stores here have been
carrying it.

I don't recommend corn, arrowroot, potato, Niagra or Argo starch (not
familiar with Kingsford, except as charcoal; intresting story on the label)
for any adhesive work which must be flexible.  So, for attaching cloth to
boards it may be alright, but not for leather.

Jack

>Date:    Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:12:52 -0800
>From:    Betty Storz <storz@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Making starch
>
>Jack, When you say, "Go to the grocery store and buy 1 pound of starch," do
>you mean Kingsford (food quality), Niagra, or Argo Laundry starch? These
>are all cornstarch. (snip)

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick