Re: a question about type

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with computer generated type IF (and it's a big
if) you know what you're doing.  To educate your eye, look at lots of good,
traditional typography, and read.  Stanley Morrison, Eric Gill, Bruce Rogers,
Robert Bringhurst are some of the people I assign to letterpress students, also
Sebastian Carter.  The computer won't design for you (or it will, but badly).
But if you know type, you can make it do your bidding and no one will sneer
because you did it on the computer.  Good luck, Audrey Niffenegger