[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
16th century bookwheel.
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: 16th century bookwheel.
- From: J Klaus <Judy.Klaus@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:49:36 +1300
- Message-id: <199811200551.VAA19622@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wonder if anyone can help me. I am interested in finding out about the =
early 14-16th century bookwheel. One that sparked my attention was on =
the cover of Mosaic: a journal for the interdisciplinary study of =
literature. Vol 28. No 4. December 1995. The journal notes that the =
picture of the bookwheel is a "reproduction of " Rameli's Bookwheel" =
(plate 188, page 317) from a copy of The Various and Ingenious Machines =
1588) in Cambridge University Library ..."
However, I have located a picture of one from a 14th centurybookwheel =
on this web site http://lcweb.loc.gov/exhibits/bnf/bnf025.jpg=20
If anyone can tell me anything about the early bookwheel or where I can =
find out information about it I would really appreciate it.