Re: roller printed paste papers

Roberta Lavadour wrote:

> In an article about Henry Morris and the Bird & Bull Press in the April
> issue of Biblio (page 40), there are photos of his book on roller-printed
> paste papers. I know there are threads about paste papers in the archives,
> but no mention of this method of roller printing.
>
> It looks like some type of stencil is used, created a repeated pattern that
> is very controlled. Is anyone familiar with this technique?
>
> Thanks -
> Roberta

  Henry used regular rollers (Speedball, I think) and cut out the design
elements. The designs were rows of simple elements, i.e.: diamonds, dots,
silhouettes of birds and bulls, etc. He also built some kind of jig to enable
him to keep the lines of patterns parallel, but I'm not sure exactly how that
functioned. At one time Oak Knoll Books had some of the swatch books for these
papers; you might contact them to see if they have any left.

Don Rash