Re: a question about type

Depending on the quality desired, I've done transfers with lacquer thinner,
acetone, and Citrosolve (I think that's the correct spelling), which is the brand
name of a citrus based solvent/cleaner.  The Citrosolve garnered the best
results and has the added benefit of being less toxic than the others.  It's been
used to transfer onto both paper and metal.  I don't know about its availability,
though a co-op or other like-minded, environmentally-conscious stores would
probably have it.