[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Papermaking in Vietnam
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Papermaking in Vietnam
- From: Jeff Peachey <peachey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 09:53:47 -0500
- Message-id: <199812051453.GAA19960@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wrote an article about hand papermaking in Vietnam, published in Hand
Papermaking, Vol. 10, No 1 Summer 1995. I assume the three villages I wrote
about are still there, but Vietnam is changing mighty quickly... .
I was is Laos last summer- not much in terms of paper- a few craft villages
near Luang Prabang making mainly tourist type blank books, and supposedly a
chinese man in Vientienne making votive money.
Let me know if you need more info.
150 E. 3rd. st., Suite 3E