Re: Bible Value

Dear Friends,

This thread while not percisely on book arts (i.e. I need to find an out of
print book, I have a book what is it worth) is something that comes up here
from time to time. And for that reason I should point out that not every
book dealer is on the internet. In fact a great many are not. And in the
number that are not are many of the best. Especially when it comes to
antiquarian titles. There are several dealers who have been dealing
specifically in Bibles for many years and who have been helpful to me over
the years when I have been confronted with the same question (and no they do
not ask a fee). I will contact the author of the origin of this thread off
line with those names (I am out on a buying trip at present and do not have
my dealer data base with me).

The point of this is if you can not find it on the net it does not mean it
is not out there (we have over 6,000 dealers, many of whom have been around
for decades or longer, in our data base and I know there are not that many
on the net). I am always willing to pass along this info and if you have a
question about a book you are having trouble with please contact me off list
and I can hook you up with the right dealer.

Also beware of prices on the net. There are many better deals off net and
net prices tend to be inflated in our experience. However you can not argue
the nets convenience.

Regards,

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Books & Bindery