Staple bindings

I have a German Bible bound with staples, spine hanging on one hinge, paper
poor. I have no intention of rebinding it; I don't read German. I keep it
as an example of staple binding. Interestingly, although the book was bound
in 1906, there is no sign of rust. I wondered if the staples could be monel
or stainless steel. If the paper was good and someone wanted it rebound, I
definitely would not completely disbind it, but just repair the back.

Betty
Betty Storz   storz@xxxxxxx