Re: saving staple signature bindings

Essentional it's the same type of machine used for maching sewing, but
instead of needles and thread it uses staplers. Nothing "hand" about it.
but I'll look in all my older German manuals for something. They might have
a fun diagram.

p.

At 10:23 PM 12/10/98 +0100, you wrote:
>What I always wondered about was the method. How did they produce this
>sort of binding? Does anyone have a idea and was it a machine or a hand
>technique?
>
>Chris
>

>Peter Verheyen wrote:
>>
>> Staples (through the fold)  are a very "germanic" binding structure and
>> can be found in Scandanavian, Eastern European, Austrian ... books.
>>
>> p.
>>

>>    In schoen gebundenen Buechern blaettert man gern.   <<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>                               mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Webmaster>              http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>   Mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx