[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dremel or drill?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Dremel or drill?
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:30:28 -0800
- Message-id: <199812291711.JAA08982@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
When purchasing a Dremel (or other brand) system, consider a one
speed drill with a foot pedal. The tools that have five speeds with
an adjustable button on the handle are not near as versatile as you
have to move your hand to change speed and the speeds are set. The foot
pedal lets you choose a variety of speeds with your foot while both hands
are where you want them.
I tried a drill press attachment for the Dremel tool but the holes I
was able to drill were not straight, the bit seemed to vere off at an
angle when it contacted the paper. Perhaps this was a problem with the
bit and not the drill press? Any personal experience on this?