[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: internship available
- From: elaine schlefer <eschlefer@HEALTH.NYAM.ORG>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:19:05 -0800
- Message-Id: <199901111420.GAA20964@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The New York Academy of Medicine is pleased to offer an internship at the
Gladys Brooks Book and Paper Conservation Laboratory. The two to
three-month internsip has a stipend of $4,250. Timing of the internship is
flexible and will be arranged with the successful candidate.
The internship is open to graduates of or students in recognized
conservation programs or people with equivalent experience and training.
Candidates should send a detailed letter of interest, a resume and three
professional recommendations. An interview is required, and candidates
should present a portfolio of completed bindings or treatments.
The Gladys Brooks Book and Paper Conservaiton Laboratory has been in
operation for fourteen years. Staff consists of three full-time book and
paper conservators, who perform a wide variety of conservation treaatments.
Deadline for application: May 1, 1999
Elaine R. Schlefer
Gladys Brooks Book and Paper Conservation Laboratory
The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue, Room 550
New York, NY 10029