[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How Good is a Spell Checker?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: How Good is a Spell Checker?
- From: Vickie Wen <WriteCards@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:28:45 EST
- Message-Id: <199901181830.KAA20796@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
How many of us have been cursed by a spell checker? The following says it
Ode to Spell Checker
Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My checker tolled me sew.