[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Letterpress info?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Letterpress info?
- From: Don Hosek <dhosek@QUIXOTE.COM>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:26:04 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <199901210020.QAA00352@postman.bayarea.net>
- Message-Id: <199901210039.QAA19702@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 07:11 PM 1/20/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>The best book I have seen/read is "Printing on the Iron Handpress" by
>Richard-Gabriel Rummonds, $50 in paper from Oak Knoll Press
><www.oakknoll.com>. Although it is specifically for Washington/Albion
>presses, it contains a wealth of information not available elsewhere. If
>you're using a platen press, Ralph Polk wrote a couple of textbooks back in
>the 1940s (I think) which are pretty good. To the best of my knowledge,
>there is nothing available for printing with a cylinder press. Lewis Allen
>wrote a book in the 1960s about handpress printing (title escapes me right
>now) which is also good though not nearly as exhaustive as Rummonds, and
>Clifford Burke ("Printing Poetry") is good though specifically about the
>peculiarities of poetry.
Gerry Lange of the Bieler Press wrote a little book on printing with
Polymer plates on the Vandercook. His phone number is 310/821-8269. He can
tell you more about it.
Don Hosek firstname.lastname@example.org Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679 fax: 312-803-0698 orders: 800-810-3311
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail email@example.com
Have you seen Sans Serif? http://www.quixote.com/serif/sans/