[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Using fur for covers
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Using fur for covers
- From: Sherri McDonald <papertobook@HOTMAIL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:56:09 PST
- Message-Id: <199902031918.LAA13272@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In regards to using fur or anything hairy or fuzzy as a book cover:
You could consider a millimeter binding, where the boards are covered
just on the edges (about a mm)with cloth or leather. That way you don't
have "hairy" turn ins. As to finding the fur, you could try going to a
second hand or used clothing store to find an old jacket. Sometimes you
can get great deals there. Also Tandy Leather Company mail order.
www.tandyleather.com 1(800)555-3130 They are located in Texas.
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com