[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A Plea for Civility
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: A Plea for Civility
- From: Subscribe Book_ARTS-L Anonymous <Lmatlantic@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 20:49:36 EST
- Message-Id: <199902060149.RAA09674@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Thank you Shane. You have stated in a strong articulate voice the difference
between personal attacks and civilized disagreement. Heretofore I have found
this List to be utterly remarkable in the decency and respectfulness of its
members. This has been a community of information sharing, assisting
colleagues and professionalism. To me it has been (and I know will continue to
be) a model for what a List can be. I have felt privileged to listen in on all
of you and to occasionally join in.
There was no question in my mind that anyone who breaks the "social contract"
and is threatening should exit themselves from the List. If they do not follow
the contract then they must firmly be escorted out.
Thank you all for being there and engaging in this most constructive