[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:18:10 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199902101314.HAA11472@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199902101421.GAA04032@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
And of course there's the matter of human language. Not many of us even
read Middle English anymore and the language is changing rapidly. I note
that "migrate" has now become a transitive verb.
And then there's the matter of human will. I guess I could find someone to
translate the Ethiopian scroll I have hanging on the wall but it just
hasn't ascended to that place on my priority list.
Oh, well. Whatever.
Sam Lanham (email@example.com)