[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: animal fur
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: animal fur
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@MINSKY.COM>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:03:52 -0500
- Message-Id: <199902101908.LAA17182@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 09:27 AM 2/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>It seems to me that if fur of any sort was a practical bookbinding material,
>bookbinders of two or three hundred years ago would have made ample use of
>it. Yet I have never seen a fur binding.
I had a copy of Sacher-Masoch's _Venus in Furs_ from the 1920's that was
bound in beaver fur.