[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- From: John & Carol Pratt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:39:05 +0800
- Message-Id: <199902121831.KAA19724@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Herold Faulkner wrote:
> I think WAY too much thought is being put into hoping that what we do now
> will be available to future generations and WAY too little thought is being
> put into doing something that they will want to avail themselves of.
Ditto. And given the history of mankind so far, I'm not really betting
the farm on anyone being around in 1000 years to care about what is
available from the past. Rats and bugs don't read much.