[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- From: DT Fletcher <FletcherOR@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:11:50 EST
- Message-Id: <199902150512.VAA23198@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The entire discusion about CD-ROMs and the Digital Dark Age has been
interesting if a bit trying at times. For anyone interested, please visit my
web site. I am just a one person shop, but I am still able to produce quality
books at what I think is a pretty reasonable price. My customers have been
universally pleased with the quality of my hardbound books which use the
Unibind system. The combination of Pagemaker, a HP4000 printer with duplexing
and a collating hard drive is very cost effective in the small scale
production of books. If there are any questions please ask. I have already
helped with folks interested in setting up similar systems and they are well
on their way to producing their own family history books.