[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing
- From: "Gray, Lyle" <Lyle@QUODATA.COM>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:04:55 -0500
- Message-Id: <199902171603.IAA23180@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>Is it too late to lay out that last signature to make it an 8-page one so
>that all will be equal thickness? You'll have some blank pages at the back,
>but that shouldn't be a problem.
Well, normally I would say that that would be ideal. Unfortunately, I'm
working on making a model book based on an actual book from the 8th-9th
centuries, which has a 4-pg gathering at the end, and I'm trying to keep to
that as much as possible. The original used vellum, where I'm using paper,
which may be a factor.
BTW, there's additional stress in this gathering because the text block is
sewn directly to the boards.
lyle @ quodata . com inceptum perage