[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NPR's info on U. of Pa.undergrad lib.,Digital Dark
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: NPR's info on U. of Pa.undergrad lib.,Digital Dark
- From: "starr jr raymond h." <rstarr@UMBC.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:19:09 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199902181243.HAA23942@umbc4.umbc.edu>
- Message-Id: <199902181421.GAA26166@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sorry, you're wrong. The University of Pennsylvania is a PRIVATE
University. It's one of the Ivy League schools (Yale, Harvard, etc.).
The only Ivy League school that is in any way a public institution is
Cornell. Part Cornell is a state institution and part is public.
On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Don Rash wrote:
> You're right; it's not a public library. But it is a State University, and
> thus (seems to me) should be accessible to the funding agency: the
> taxpayers of PA.
> Hate to disagree with ya...
R. H. Starr, Jr., Ph.D. I am not related to Kenneth Starr
Professor (but, his wife's a distant cousin)
Department of Psychology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250