[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Summer Book Arts Course
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Summer Book Arts Course
- From: Laurie Whitehill <lwhitehi@GWSMTP.RISD.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:55:50 -0500
- Message-Id: <199902192158.NAA22448@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Announcing a two week summer book arts course at the Rhode Island
School of Design, Providence, RI.
RISD BOOKWORKS: POP-UP BOOKS
This two-week, hands-on workshop enables students to focus on
techniques and structures for the creation of pop-up books. RISD
faculty along with guest book artist Carol Barton join to teach
aspects of book arts and book production, including idea and content
development, layout, design, printing, bookbinding and box-making -
with special attention to pop-up and three-dimensional constructions.
Students conceive and, with RISD's exceptional facilities, produce a
book of their own creation. The course will culminate with an
exhibition of student work.
Limit 14 students.
June 7 - 19
Tuition: $980 Lab Fee: $120
3 College Credits
For more information: contact Jan Baker, Coordinator, at
To register: contact the Summer Institute for Graphic Design Studies
at (401) 454-6200