[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
North Bennet Street School exhibit
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: North Bennet Street School exhibit
- From: mark andersson <markandersson@HOTMAIL.COM>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:24:26 PST
- Message-Id: <199903022224.OAA16074@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The annual exhibition of student work from the North Bennet Street
School is opening on Wednesday, March 3rd. The show will run until
The exhibit shows work from several departments at the school including
violin making, furniture, jewelery and preservation carpentry and, of
Each student has at least a couple of pieces in the exhibit and their
work shows several of the bindings covered in the curriculum at the
school - from coptic bindings on wooden boards to full leather bindings
with gold tooling. Also included are millimeter bindings, rubow
bindings with vellum, single flexible with full calf, crossed
structures, and so on. In total, there are approximately 25 bindings on
The show is in Boston's Back Bay at the McCormick Gallery at the Boston
Architectural Center. The address is 320 Newbury Street. Hours are:
Monday - Thursday 9 am to 9 pm;
Friday - Saturday 9 am - 5 pm; and Sunday 12 noon to 5 pm.
There is no charge.
For those in the area, the nearest T stop is Hynes Convention Center on
the Green Line.
Hope to see you there!
North Bennet Street School
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com