[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Taking Duchamp to Another Level
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Taking Duchamp to Another Level
- From: Tim and Sunny Howard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:25:11 -0800
- Message-Id: <199903201827.KAA19276@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
IMHO the term, "Get a Life", was created for people like Ms. Shearer.
Her work on proving that Duchamp's "readymades" were actually altered by
him is probably just a reaction-formation to her husband's scholarly -
and fascinating - works on natural history. And the art critics
involved in this 'tempest in a urinal' silliness are *definitely* being
influenced by Poincare's "concept of the fourth dimension" rather than
remaining in the sphere of Duchamp's "three-dimensional shadows"....They
should all relax and just go to the movies!
Thanks, Peter, for a most interesting and enjoyable article. Like you I
still enjoy Duchamp's work....
Cheers, Sunny Howard