[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Where are the old books?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Where are the old books?
- From: Elizabeth Penrose <Julian9EHP@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:27:04 EST
- Message-Id: <199903242242.OAA19666@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
A friend (Ken Chiacchia) asks me to pass on his ideas on this topic:
<< You know, looking at this list an obvious one occurred to me: the Vatican
Library may have the largest collection of ancient and old texts in the
world. I'd also mention the Widener Library at Harvard University --
truly incredible old books collection, with an unusual degree of access
(although in recent years, things being what they are, they may have had
to cut back on who could have access to which works). >>