[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: My book
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: My book
- From: Susan Lightcap <slightcap@MINDSPRING.COM>
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 07:57:49 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>
- Message-Id: <199904011259.EAA19214@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Get a life, Aengus darlin'! Your FIRST binding? It's a lovely piece, and
we should all be so talented as to do such a bang up job first time out. I
don't even want to think about my first binding . . . yecch! Keep going,
you're doing great!
At 02:15 AM 4/1/99 EST, you wrote:
>Hi folks, it's me again.
>First off, I would like to thank all of you for you kind comments.
>Secondly, I can't take all the credit. My wife did the illumination and
>overall layout of the pages. I did the calligraphy and the binding while a
>friend in Erie did the carving on the cover (twice actually, but that is
>Is it really that good or are you guys just being nice to a new binder? I
>realize the detail in the pictures is lacking, but there has to be
>can do to improve on my next piece. Any ideas?
>Also, I was wondering if any of you out there in cyberspace knows of a good
>book on the so called 'treasure covers'? I am going to attempt one of them
>next and would like to get as much information as possible.