[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fabric covers for books
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Fabric covers for books
- From: Ed Hutchins <QUEERBOOKS@aol.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:26:54 EDT
- Message-Id: <199904070328.UAA15744@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The best instructions for backing fabric that I have found are by Kojiro
Ikegami in "Japanese Bookbinding" (pp 25-28). The instructions and
step-by-step photos are so clear, that even I could follow them and have
great success! The book isn't cheap, it's now $34.95, but it is packed with
dozens of wonderful book structures. I highly recommend it.
I can be ordered from Book Central.